Buying Bitcoin is easier than you think. However, it is important to purchase your Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency through a reputable cryptocurrency exchange. We recommend buying Bitcoin and Ethereum using Coinbase (www.coinbase.com).
Setting up Your Coinbase Account
- Visit www.coinbase.com and signup for a new account. Make sure to complete your account setup by clicking the link in your Account Confirmation email from Coinbase.
- Next, set up a way to send money to your Coinbase account by linking your bank account, credit card, or Paypal.
- After logging in, click on Settings, then Linked Accounts
- Link a new account
- Coinbase will send test deposits to your account for verification. Although the message might tell you it takes 2-3 days before receiving the test deposits, our experiences have shown that the test deposit transactions appear in your account within an hour.
- After verifying your payment method, you’re ready to purchase Bitcoin/Ethereum by clicking on the “Buy/Sell” menu.
- Select the coin you want to buy (Bitcoin, etc..)
- Choose your “Payment Method”
- Enter the amount you want to purchase (you also have the option to set up a recurring purchase)
- Buy your coin.
If you make the purchase via your bank, your purchase will be in a “pending” state for about 5 days. You will receive the coin at the price you paid at the time of purchase. If you make the purchase using Paypal or credit card, you receive the coin immediately.
Be sure to setup Two-Factor Authentication on your account to keep your account safe.